The tradition of yerba mate brewing is steeped deep in South American history. The tea like concoction has made a special place in most of the south American households and with Matero Yerba Mate we wish to bring this celebrated herb to India.
The major consumers of yerba mate are Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and Paraguay. Though all countries have a different way of brewing Yerba Mate Tea their mate cultures are all based on the foundations of friendship and togetherness.
We at Matero Yerba Mate wish to spread this beautiful exercise amongst Indians as well. With our different offerings one can either explore the convenience of Matero Yerba Mate Partay packs or also take the more cultural route towards enjoying the caffeinated concoction.
THE MATE PARTAY BREW
If you are just starting, and you happen to get your hands on our mate partay packs, just pluck open a 10 gram sachet in any cup, moisten the herb with luke warm water, insert the bombilla (straw) and start pouring hot water and sipping. Keep pouring and sipping the hot (but not boiloing) water till the flavour is completely flushed out. The flavour should ideally run out in about a litre of hot water but a true matero also loves a lovado (flushed out) mate hahahaha!
Another way of using the matero sachets is an overnight soak. Tear open your sachet and empty it in around a litre of water and put that in the fridge overnight. Seep the mate in the morning and voila you have a cold yerba brew for the day!
BREWING MATERO YERBA MATE LIKE A TRUE GAUCHO
HOT BREW LIKE THE ARGENTINES AND URUGUAYANS
- Fill your gourd or mate cup around 2/3rd with yerba mate leaf.
- Place your palm on the mouth of the cup, invert and shake to remove dust and even out the consistency of the leaf so that the smaller particles are not collected at the bottom.
- Keeping your loose leaf in a mountain like shape (45 degree) add cold water to the slope. This is to moisten the herb and protect it from the hot water that is going to follow.
- Insert bombilla from the side of the slope and push the mountain up.
- Add hot water to the base of the mountain aiming at the bombilla filter. And sip.
COLD PARAGUYAN TERERE
- Fill your mate cup 2/3rd with yerba mate. Use a tall glass for this.
- Fill your flask with ice and add water or a juice mix.
- Pour from your thermos into the cup the mix of your choice and sip.
- Feel free to add a few cubes of ice to your yerba mate glass as well.
USING THE SIGNATURE MATERO PACKS
We don’t want you to run out of Matero yerba mate at any point. So get hold of your monthly fix of yerba mate with our 250 gram pouches. You can get a bombilla along and you should be good to go with the traditional brew in any cup or if you wish you can actually brew the loose leaf like any other tea.
Also why not try the conventional French press or tea strainers if you just getting our signature pack,